8 Sherman Avenue, Bronxville, New York
Traditional building and design elements, excellent workmanship and innovative technology are blended to make a house of exceptional comfort and convenience….
Cadco Corp., located in southern Westchester County, New York, incorporates state of the art energy efficient design, exceptional building materials and excellent workmanship in whole house renovation and new construction, for its own residential developments, and others.
Our business philosophy is anchored by an ongoing quest for excellence and innovation.
Beginning in 2007 Cadco has implemented a proprietary combination of Green Building Envelope practices and energy efficient heating and cooling components. The result is a house that feels as comfortable as it is visually appealing. And it can be expected to consume half the energy needed to heat and cool a conventionally constructed house.
A relentless combination of thoughtful design and the best materials available is as evident in the structure and infrastructure as it is visible in interior and exterior elements. The result is a tasteful, warm home, that is characterized by exceptional workmanship.
Special features and touches that set a house apart include:
- a green building envelope that yields..
- an unprecedented combination of comfort and energy efficiency
- elegant and spacious floor plans
- non toxic building materials
- 21st century communication and sound wiring
- exceptional stone and metal work
- antique doors and windows
- qtr. sawn moldings and floors milled from our own old growth logs
- stone wine cellars
- Waterworks baths
- back-up power supply
Green Building Envelope
The starting point for an effective green building project is a tight, well-insulated building envelope that reduces the heat and cooling loss. Key components of 8 Sherman’s building envelope include:
- Icynene insulation – water-based polyurethane foam sprayed into all walls, rim joists and rafters seals the house
- Triple flashed windows and doors
- Interlocking brass weather stripping installed on exterior doors
Heating, Cooling and Fresh Air
Expected energy usage estimated to be half that of a conventionally heated and cooled, similar size house. This system offers unparalleled comfort.
- Even, comfortable, quiet, dust-free radiant hydronic heat under all floors eliminates drafts and uneven distribution of heat found in conventional “scorched” air systems
- This system utilizes low temperature differentials and outdoor resets to ensure minimal energy use and maximum comfort
- Viessmann Vitodens ultra-efficient modulating, condensing boiler
- Viessmann Vitocell indirect water heater for domestic hot water
- Tekmar thermostats allow setting any zone from any thermostat and will keep the temperatures within a degree of the setting at all times
- A separate central multi-zoned air-conditioning system — designed and installed for cooling and fresh air only — also benefits from the green building envelope
- Fresh air is brought into house on a schedule of the homeowners choosing and any time a bathroom or kitchen exhaust fan is turned on
- Heat exchange ductwork ensures that fresh air brought in from outside is warmed in the winter and cooled in the summer
- In the event of an electricity outage, a Kohler external natural gas powered generator automatically brings power to essential areas of the house
- Two cat-6 ethernet and one rg6 coaxial video cable home runs to each room
- Strong wireless internet signal throughout the house
- Ceiling speakers in kitchen, living room and master bedroom
- Family room pre-wired for home theatre
- System is extendable to other rooms at the home buyers’ request
- Buyers will be provided with 10 complimentary hours of the designer’s time to customize the system to their preferences
- Custom kitchen with black walnut island and gourmet appliances
- Bathroom design, tile and fixtures by Waterworks of Scarsdale
- Stone fireplaces in family room and master bedroom
- Old-growth quarter-sawn oak floors
- Central vacuum system from basement to attic
- Stone floors in foyer, mudroom, and all baths
- Custom solid poplar moldings
- Second washer/dryer area on 2nd floor
- Back staircase
- Elegant stone front and traditional three coat tinted stucco on
- German copper gutters and downspouts; 20 ounce copper roof and window flashings
- Architectural roof shingles
- Solid eastern cedar fascias and exterior trim
- 900 square foot recreation area
- Enclosed stone 1000 bottle wine cellar area (racks and finishing extra)
- Full bath
- State of the art mechanical area